A line up of all my favorite health and beauty products☝️ 💯 🏆
Like, if I was on a deserted island and I could only bring 5 things with me, these would be them (except maybe the coconut products if there are coconuts on said deserted island 🌴 but even then I probably still would…)
You probably already know how healthy these items are – like the healing properties of turmeric when used as a spice, or replacing regular table salt with Himalayan pink salt, or that coconut oil is not only great for cooking but as a moisturizer too!
But these superfoods have other health benefits that you may not be aware of 💁so I have a list of my 5 favorite little known health hacks that are crazy easy to incorporate into your life.
Add a pinch of unrefined sea salt to your water bottle
- It helps your body use the water more efficiently. I use my Himalayan pink salt – you can find awesome brands at Ross and Marshalls for super cheap! Don’t worry, it doesn’t make your water taste salty at all 💧
Look for bottles/cans with the “BPA free” logo
- Even as a super health freak, for the longest time I didn’t know how damaging BPA was and that I should look for bottles and cans that were BPA free. BPA is a chemical found in food cans and plastic bottles that can get into your body and wreak havoc. Many brands now have BPA free logos on their products, just look closely because they can be hard to spot. They’ll probably be a little more expensive than the regular BPA ridden products, but it’s definitely worth the cost!
Consume a little apple cider vinegar before eating cooked foods
- It will help your body break down the foods and absorb the nutrients better. If it’s a starchy meal, the apple cider vinegar will assist the starches you don’t digest in feeding the good bacteria in your gut. It can also reduce blood sugar spikes after eating and help reduce food cravings. Make sure you buy a brand like Braggs that is organic, non-gmo, raw, unfiltered, unpasturized, and with the ‘mother.’ I take a cap full before my meals but most people prefer diluting it with water. You can also use it as a salad dressing or in your cooking.
Make a turmeric toothpaste
- I don’t do this as often as I would like because it’s super messy but it’s also very effective. Just take a little bit of organic coconut oil (you only need about 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp) and add organic ground turmeric until you have a toothpaste consistency. Brush your teeth and gums for two minutes and rinse. Not only will it naturally whiten your teeth, but as an anti-inflammatory it will also get rid of unwanted bacteria and soothe any problems areas in your mouth.
Swap your regular coffee creamer with full fat coconut milk
- Even “healthy” coffee creamers with the best of intentions will contain processed ingredients and chemicals. Since I drink coffee on the daily, I wanted something completely all natural that would benefit my health. As a vegan, I want to make sure I’m getting those healthy fats, so buying cans (BPA free of course!) of full fat coconut milk is the perfect solution plus it makes my coffee taste amazing ☕️ I buy the Native Forest brand from my local health foods store because it’s the least processed with only 2 ingredients. I store the extra coconut milk in a sealed container in the fridge and it stays good for 6-7 days.
Here’s a few bonus hacks:
- Have a mug of warm water with fresh lemon juice when you wake up. It will flush the toxins out of your body and prep that belly for all the foods you are about to ingest.
- Wash your fresh produce with vinegar instead of dish soap. Even the “natural” dish soaps are loaded with chemicals and you don’t want those getting all over your foods.
- Reduce your exposure to harmful electromagnetic fields (EMFs) from your cell phone and laptop by using a product like QLink. You just stick the QLink on your device and it works it’s magic.
These are all really easy health hacks to add to your daily routine that don’t require a lot of effort and won’t break the bank. The health of you and your loved ones are worth it! 👪