I’m crazy about this drink! If you want a delicious and healthy alternative to coffee, hot cocoa, or tea, then turmeric milk is your drink. It’s packed full of cancer fighting antioxidants but you don’t even notice because you’re too busy enjoying the creamy taste and the rich yellow color. Make this warm drink in the morning for a coffee substitute, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or in the evening when you’re winding down. I like to drink it mid-morning as a light snack or before bed with a piece of dark chocolate. You will fall in love with this easy to make drink.
Before we get started, I want to quickly go over the health benefits of Turmeric:
- It fights inflammation, and since inflammation leads to diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and other chronic diseases, that’s pretty awesome.
- It’s a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals (which also cause cancer).
- It’s linked to improved brain function.
- Can lower the risk of heart disease, prevent and treat Alzheimer’s, and alleviate arthritis.
- Studies show that it may treat depression.
- Turmeric benefits anti-aging.
These are just a few of the many benefits of using turmeric. If you don’t already have some lying around in your kitchen, go out and buy some and get busy using it!
I originally found the recipe for turmeric milk at Nutrition Stripped, which is a blog I highly recommend. It contains some great plant based recipes and resources for healthy living. I decided to make my own simplified version of this vegan drink. Here goes!