I loooove lip balm. It’s a necessity in my life, like coffee and chocolate and slobbery dog kisses. I’m the kind of girl that goes on shopping sprees for 3 things – books, the bulk foods section of the grocery store, and lip balm. There’s nothing like trying to peel off that annoying seal from a brand new lip balm, finally succeeding, and using it for the first time while it’s all smooth and perfect…
Unfortunately, the ingredients you find in popular brands are full of chemicals and things that actually dry your lips out. In my opinion, lip balm (and most beauty products) shouldn’t have more than a handful of ingredients. So I decided to tempt you (yes, you) with a list of vegan lip balms that contain outrageously yummy flavors that are all-natural, organic, and free from animal testing. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll get more excited than the average person.
1. Eco Lips has a line of Bee Free Vegan Lip Balm that uses candelilla wax, Fair Trade Certified cocoa butter, and coconut oil in lieu of bee products. They have a variety of flavors, including Lemon-Lime, Superfruit, and Sweet Mint. You can find Eco Lips products at Natural Grocers and Whole Foods.
2. HURRAW! uses organic cold pressed and wildcrafted oils and seed butters, fruit & root powders. You can view a complete list of their ingredients on their website. There’s an array of delicious flavors to choose from, like Earl Grey, Root Beer, Coffee Bean, Black Cherry, and Chocolate. You can find their balms in American Apparel stores across the country and boutique shops.
3. The Merry Hempsters have a line of Vegan Hemp Lip Balm that contains organic cold pressed hempseed oil, calendula oil, and essential oils. Some of their tasty flavors include vanilla, cinnamon, spearmint, and orange. You can find them at Whole Foods.
4. Booda Butter has a delightfully adorable Buddha for their logo and I have to be honest, their lip balm only comes in one kind…unscented. But don’t let that stop you because their ingredients are super simple and clean, and their other products look just as amazing. I love their philosophy of “what goes ON you, goes IN you…” and their products are handmade! Check them out at Natural Grocers.
5. Bare English & Co is a British based company that makes tea infused vegan lip balms. Do I even need to go on? Here’s some more incentive: Mint Chocolate infused with Peppermint Tea, Vanilla Coconut infused with Green Tea, Pink Grapefruit infused with White Tea. I could go on, but it’s making me hungry. Their products can be found in boutique stores and airports in Canada and northeast U.S., plus the U.K. and Malta!
Here are a few more brands worth mentioning…
Crazy Rumors is available online and at Central Market – it’s totally worth it with flavors like Red Velvet Cake, Orange Creamsicle, Cinnamon Bun, and Chocolate Strawberry!
Lip Glosserie is a small business out of Austin, Texas that produces some awesome lip balm choices. Champagne flavor? Yes, please.
Molly Rose Balms has some cool vegan “dude balm” like Maple Bacon, Whiskey, and Hawaiian Pizza. Don’t worry ladies, there’s plenty of mouth watering flavors for us as well – Lemon Lavender, Tea & Biscuits, Cherry Blossom, and more.
You can always check out Etsy.com for more options that are handmade and can sometimes be customized just for you.
It feels like there are way more options, flavors, and excitement in vegan lip balms than there are in non vegan ones!