I’m all about using natural foods as beauty products – apple cider vinegar toner, turmeric facial masks, coconut oil for skin and hair – and I would love to hand make everything myself, but that’s just not realistic right now. I’m sure at one point in the future I’ll be making my own shampoo and lip balm and even makeup. It’s actually not that difficult once you have the ingredients and tools. But for now, I’ve found my favorite store-bought beauty items that are vegan, cruelty free and contain lots of all natural ingredients as opposed to chemicals.
Here are my favorite beauty must haves!
ALBA BOTANICA HAWAIIAN SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
- no sulfates, heavy minerals, parabens, artificial colors or phthalates
- 100% vegetarian ingredients
- several of the ingredients are certified organic
- made in the USA
- bottle is made with 100% recycled materials
- it smells nice and fruity ?
YES TO NATURALS MEN’S SHAVING CREAM
- made in California
- no parabens, SLS or silicones
- 96% natural ingredients
- recyclable container
- it’s rich and creamy, leaves skin feeling smooth
- it doesn’t lather up a lot because it’s not full of chemicals, but you still don’t need to use a lot of it
SCHMIDT’S SENSITIVE SKIN DEODORANT
- certified vegan
- no aluminum, phthalates, parabens or gluten
- made in Portland, Oregon
- contains easy to understand ingredients
- many people (including myself) are sensitive to baking soda in all natural deodorants and for me, it causes red bumps on my skin. This version contains no baking soda and still works great!
SPROUT’S UNSCENTED VEGAN LIP BALM
- no parabens, lanolin, common preservatives or gluten
- cruelty free
- simple ingredients
- several organic ingredients
- mine is unscented but I believe they have different flavors as well
BONUS PRODUCT! ⬇️ ? ⤵️ ? ??
SPRY BAMBOO TOOTHBRUSH
- made from organic grown bamboo
- no pesticides or chemicals
- bamboo is naturally anti-microbial
- the packaging and the toothbrush are both recyclable
- I love bamboo toothbrushes. They are great to use and so much better for the environment compared to plastic toothbrushes, which are not biodegradable and just pile up in landfills.
Where to find all these great products? Sprout’s Farmers Market. If you don’t have a Sprout’s near you, most local health foods stores will have these products or something similar. Also try Whole Foods, Central Market or Natural Grocer’s. Target has Yes To Naturals products. And you might be surprised what your local grocery store has. Mine carries Alba Botanica shampoo & conditioner as well as bamboo toothbrushes! And of course, you can always order these products online.
I’m not receiving any money to endorse these products, I just really like them! I’m always excited when I find all natural alternatives to the chemical filled brands ?