“Wings” made from cauliflower are pretty popular around Super Bowl time to replace the non-version wings that are served up at all the parties. I’m a couple of months late for the Super Bowl, so maybe these can be Easter wings??? In my opinion, cauliflower wings are perfect any time of the year, including these buffalo cauliflower bites. They have just the right amount of tang and spiciness. They are also very filling, which causes a quandary because they are so delicious it is hard to stop eating them! Check out my brand new recipe video below for these tasty little bites 💃
This recipe is adapted from Forks Over Knives. Check out their website for more recipes.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 2 in. florets
- 2/3 c. brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. water
- 1/2 c. hot sauce (I used Frank's Hot Sauce) or BBQ sauce
- dressing of choice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the brown rice flour, tomato paste, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt, and water in a blender. Puree until the batter is smooth and thick. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cauliflower florets and toss until the florets are well coated with the batter.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheets. Make sure that the florets do not touch one another.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp on the edges.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes to crisp up a bit more.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with 1/3 cup of Frank's hot sauce (I used mild which still has a good kick) or barbecue sauce.
- Serve immediately with vegan bleu cheese, ranch, or Caesar dressing.
Enjoy! And let me know if you like the video 🙂